Sunday, April 19, 2009

Texas Impact 6

For the first time since we were newly married, Melissa and I competed in the same ATA taekwondo tournament. She had been taking time off after having Nathan and earning her new rank. We had a great time in Dallas, although having to wait 35 minutes to get our car out in the morning sure wasn't the best. Maybe we're just too small town minded...

Anyway. I got first in weapons and third in the other two events. This means that with the points I've gotten already this year, that I should be solidly in the Top Ten and will compete in the World Championships in June. This will be my second time going, so hopefully, I'll do better than last time.

But before I competed, Melissa got to join her new 30-39 4th and 5th degree black belt ring. She was so nervous after having been out so long, but she did a great job. She ended up getting second in weapons and second in sparring. She even only missed placing in forms by one point. Not bad for not competing in two years!

So now, I will be taking some students to Little Rock next weekend for the final tournament of the season. Then it's down to watching the ATA website and seeing where the final point totals end up.

No comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Pyzam Family Sticker Toy